Obituary, Death Remembering George Moss: Beloved Coach and Husband Murdered in Windmill Farms Home in November 2015 – Forney Mourns a Tragic Loss

Obituary, Death Remembering George Moss: Beloved Coach and Husband Murdered in Windmill Farms Home in November 2015 – Forney Mourns a Tragic Loss

The serene atmosphere of a middle-class Forney subdivision was shattered on the morning of November 28th, 2015, the Saturday following Thanksgiving, when authorities made a grim discovery: George Moss, a beloved Dallas County Housing supervisor, lay dead outside his front door, a victim of a gunshot wound to the back of his head. The eerie silence of the neighborhood was punctuated by the absence of Moss’s wife, who had left hours earlier for Christmas shopping.

The murder of George Moss, a popular and respected figure in the community, sent shockwaves far beyond the confines of his suburban neighborhood. Known as a pillar of the community, Moss was devoid of enemies or unsavory affiliations, leaving friends and neighbors bewildered by the sinister intrusion into his life.

Moss’s impact stretched back to his days at Garland’s Lakeview Centennial High School, where he was remembered as a standout football player and a beloved student. Born on June 13, 1985, in Dallas, Texas, Moss’s journey led him to graduate from Prairie View A&M University, where he continued to serve as a mentor and role model, volunteering as a youth football coach and referee.

The subsequent judicial proceedings shed light on the tragic circumstances of Moss’s death. Four defendants—Jarvis Kimble, Deion Young, Henre Davis, and Robert Grayson—were arrested and charged with his murder. Their guilty pleas revealed a harrowing sequence of events on November 28, 2015, as Kimble and Young approached Moss’s residence with intentions of robbery, resulting in Moss’s untimely demise at the hands of Kimble, the alleged shooter. Grayson, then a minor but later tried as an adult, played a role in the crime from a waiting vehicle with Davis.

The sentences handed down to the perpetrators ranged from 15 to 33 years, marking the culmination of a legal process that sought justice for Moss’s senseless death. However, the fallout extended beyond the confines of the courtroom, with Davis and Grayson facing further legal entanglements after assaulting a public servant during their incarceration.

As the legal proceedings unfolded, shedding light on the circumstances surrounding Moss’s death, the memory of the beloved Dallas County Housing supervisor remained etched in the hearts of those who knew and loved him. Moss’s legacy as a dedicated professional, a compassionate mentor, and a beloved friend endured, serving as a poignant reminder of the profound impact one life can have on a community. Though his physical presence may have been tragically cut short, Moss’s spirit lives on, a beacon of hope and resilience in the face of adversity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *